Well, Christmas is over (hope you had a great one) and our thoughts turn to New Year's Resolutions. Last year, I resolved not to make any resolutions I didn't think I could keep. They just make me feel bad about myself. Where's the fun in that? Instead, I made a list of realistic goals for myself. Now, a year later, it's time to see how I did.
First, let's review my list from last year:
Okay, it's time for the results:
- Don't get any fatter: Accomplished-ish The scale hasn't exactly been friendly but I'm still wearing the same size clothes as I was a year ago. So that counts.
- Hone psychic abilities: CLASSIFIED If I have accomplished this, telling all of you doesn't seem like the wisest choice. Someone would just kidnap me and make me predict things for them.
- Avoid messy rooms: Accomplished I even junked up a few extra rooms just so I could avoid them. Then we closed off the vents to those rooms. It's saving on our heat and air bill. And none of my junk is ending up in a landfill. You're welcome, Environment.
- Don't actually punch anyone:
I can't discuss this on the advice of counsel.
- Learn ventriloquism: Accomplished My lips are not moving at all while I'm typing this.
- Buy an iPhone 3Gs and a faster computer for more efficient computing: Accomplished-ish I did buy a faster computer. And we upgraded to a much faster internet speed and set up a wireless network at the house. I did not buy a 3Gs. Or an iPhone 4. That's right, I still have the archaic 2G. But I'm convinced there will be a 4G device announced at the Development Conference in June. So I'm holding out. (I did not resolve to be less nerdy this year.)
- Watch less TV, yeah right: NAILED IT! Not only did I watch more TV than ever, I started blogging about TV. I'm an overachiever. What can I say?
- Learn to sleep with my eyes open: I'm sorry, were you saying something? I must have dozed off.
- Spend all day wondering what other silly resolutions I could have made: Accomplished As if there was any doubt.
In other words, I think I did awesome this year. Now, onto wondering what not to resolve this year...
(Oh, and for the one actual thing I resolved - Participate in Project 365 and take a picture every day - I mostly accomplished this. I got tired of posting my progress but I'd say I did manage to photograph something about 90% of the time. So, that's a win in my book.)
~What about you? Did you accomplish any resolutions you made last year? Any real or really ridiculous things you'll be resolving for 2011?~